Using a Computer
1.Open a web browser. Popular ones include Chrome and Firefox.
2. Navigate to http://www.drive.google.com.
- Log in if prompted.
- You can also see how much storage space you’re using in your Google Drive.
3. Click New. This is in the upper left corner. A drop-down list will appear for you to either upload an existing file or create a new one.
4. Click File Upload. Your computer’s file browser will pop-up.
5. Navigate to the video you want to share and click Open. The file browser window will disappear and your Google Drive page will pop up an uploader in the lower right of your screen.
6. Click on the video. Your video should open.
7. Click ⁝. In the upper right of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
8. Click Share. A box will appear in the middle of your screen.
- You can copy the link provided and give it to your friends.
- You can change the settings for the people who have access to the video. The default is that anyone with the link can only view, but you can allow anyone with the link to comment.
- You can also type their email address in the text field provided to share the video.
- You can move the file to a shared folder by pressing Move to in step 7.
Using the App
1.Open Google Drive. This app icon looks like a yellow, green, and blue triangle. You can find this app on either your home screen, in the app drawer, or by searching.
3.Tap Upload. This button also has an upward pointing arrow with a line underneath it. A list of the files on your phone will appear.
4.Tap the video you want to share. You will see the progress of your video upload into Google Drive appear and disappear as the upload finishes.
5.Navigate to your video.
6.Tap ⁝ on your video. A menu will slide up from the bottom with options such as share, copy link, make available offline, and open with.
7. Tap Share.
8. Tap in the text field under People. You can add people from your contacts just by using their name, or you can type in email addresses.
- You can also add a message to the video.
- Tapping on a name on the list highlights the name in blue and pressing the X will delete that person from your share list.
- The pencil icon next to the person name is the allowances and permissions you give to the person you’re sharing the video with. They can either have permissions to edit the video, add comments, or just view.