Below are a few tips to secure your VCCE account.
1. Use a unique email address and password for your account
You can use a secure password manager like LastPass or KeePass to keep track of your passwords.
2. Enable 2FA on your VCCE account
2FA adds an extra layer of protection to your account in case your password is compromised. Read more here
3. Always make sure you are visiting https://www.vcc.exchange
Many phishing sites mimic VCC Exchange to trick you into telling them your personal details. Make sure you’re visiting the real site.
4. Don’t click links or open attachments in emails
Unless you are absolutely sure the email was sent by VCC.
5. Enable your Anti-Phishing Code
Log in to your account and head to the Account Center, then follow the instructions in the Anti-Phishing Code section. This code helps you ensure an email from VCC is genuine.
6. Secure your email account and phone, and use PGP
Enable fingerprint or passcode lock on your phone, use a secure email provider, and use 2FA for your email account.
7. Secure your computer
Don’t install unnecessary software on your computer, or software from untrusted developers. If possible, consider using a dedicated computer or partition, install Linux, Chrome, a password manager plugin, and nothing else.
8. Subscribe to good antivirus software, and keep it updated
9. Secure your internet connection
Always use a wired connection if possible. If you must use WiFi, consider routing through a VPN.
Please note: these tips are not exhaustive. On top of the above, please exercise vigilance and educate yourself further about general online security.
See more: Impersonated Support on Telegram