To prevent your computer from being attacked or your personal data from being stolen, it is recommended for you to be cautious and take your computer security seriously. Other than installing a good antivirus program, we suggest our users to follow 3 simple practices below to help protect and secure their system.
- Using Security mode or incognito/private tab to browse VCCE site. The security mode turns off any plug-in/extensions in the browser and protects users from people tracking their online activities on the computer they're using. Here are the shortcuts for different browsers:
- Chrome & Safari: Control/⌘ + Shift + N
- Firefox & Internet Explorer: Control/⌘ + Shift + P
- Double-check the address you're going to use. Make sure to keep the addresses in a safe place, like Notepad, then copy/paste it to the browser. After that, check one more time to see if the address you just paste is the same as the one in Notepad or not.
- Download and install VCC Exchange APP to your mobile phone, then check the consistency of addresses between the app and the browser
If the addresses are not consistent, it is possible that your computer has been infected by Trojan virus or malware. Here are some further steps to tackle the virus attack:
- Install anti-virus software to scan/kill Trojan and viruses as soon as possible;
- Disable all plug-in/extensions in the web browser; uninstall unknown software in the computer;
- Seek help from IT and security expert;
- In extreme risk cases, format the disk and reinstall the operating system in the computer;
- Under extreme risk situation, shall format disk and reinstall OS in the computer;
Read more about Securing your trading account here.