To prevent your computer from being attacked or your personal data from being stolen, it is recommended for you to be cautious and take your computer security seriously. Other than installing a good antivirus program, we suggest our users to follow 3 simple practices below to help protect and secure their system.
- Using Security mode or incognito/private tab to browse VCCE site. The security mode turns off any plug-in/extensions in the browser and protects users from people tracking their online activities on the computer they're using. Here are the shortcuts for different browsers:
- Chrome & Safari: Control/⌘ + Shift + N
- Firefox & Internet Explorer: Control/⌘ + Shift + P
- Double-check the address you're going to use. Make sure to keep the addresses in a safe place, like Notepad, then copy/paste it to the browser. After that, check one more time to see if the address you just paste is the same as the one in Notepad or not.
- Download and install VCC Exchange APP to your mobile phone, then check the consistency of addresses between the app and the browser;
If the addresses are not consistent, it is possible that your computer has been infected by Trojan virus or malware. Here are some further steps to tackle the virus attack:
- Install anti-virus software to scan/kill Trojan and viruses as soon as possible;
- Disable all plug-in/extensions in the web browser; uninstall unknown software in the computer;
- Seek help from IT and security expert;
- In extreme risk cases, format the disk and reinstall the operating system in the computer;
- Under extreme risk situation, shall format disk and reinstall OS in the computer;
Read more about securing your trading account here.