- What is a phishing attack?
Phishing is a type of social engineering attack, is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as username, password, 2FA code etc by disguising as VCC in an electronic communication. Users are often be deceived by trusted parties such as:
- Email spoofing；
- Fake VCC site；
- instant message with malicious link；
- social websites with manipulated VCC link;
- Chat with impersonated VCC support；
- Fake VCC hotline or support in search engine etc.
- Social Media Fake Account
- Malware downloaded from internet
- Free WIFI Phishing
- Phishing attack protection
It is known that the most important and weakest aspect in a security system is people. Hence, For users, vigilance is key:
- A spoofed message often contains subtle mistakes such as spelling mistake, strange syntax, unsmooth words, misspelled domain name for instance www.VCC-co.com etc.
- In addition, attackers will usually try push users into action by creating a sense of ungency. For example, an email could threaten account expiration and shall be verified within a timeline; A message instructed users to move asset a secure wallet to avoid loss as soon as possible.
Phishing attack protection requires steps be taken by both users and VCC.
- Always upgrade Google Chrome or Mozilla firefox to the latest version. It is known that Google Chrome or Mozilla firefox will warn users for phising or unsafe high risk website.For examples：
- The safest way to login to VCC is through the website: vcc.exchange or https://vcc.exchange
- For IT professional, it is recommended to verify SSL domain name is *.vcc.exchange
- Enable Two-factor authentication(2FA) verification such as Google 2FA or SMS 2FA. Keep cautious and not disclose Google 2FA 16 digital back key to anyone or any website. If username and password were compromised,2FA prevents the use of compromised credentials, since these alone are insufficient to gain entry.
Install Chrome Netcraft Extention or Firefox Netcraft Anit-Phishing Extension.
- Chrome Netcraft Extension
- Firefox Netcraft Anit-Phishing Extension
- Keep your systems /applications updated to avoid the security bugs, install the anti-virus software and keep it up to date.
- Do not connect to an untrusted wireless network.
- Reporting Phishing
Please report any VCC phishing sites you meet Report VCC Phishing Sites: