- What is a phishing attack?
Phishing is a type of social engineering attack - a fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as username, password, 2FA code, etc. by imitating VCC Exchange in an electronic communication. Users are often deceived by fake "trusted" parties through:
- Email spoofing;
- Fake VCC Exchange site;
- instant message with malicious link;
- social websites with manipulated VCCE link;
- Chat with impersonated VCCE support;
- Fake VCCE hotline or support in search engine;
- Social Media Fake Accounts;
- Malware downloaded from the internet;
- Free WIFI Phishing;
- Phishing attack protection
The most important and weakest aspect of a security system is the people themselves. Hence, for users, vigilance is key:
- A spoofed message often contains subtle mistakes such as spelling mistakes, strange syntax, unsmooth words, misspelled domain names. For instance, www.VCC-co.com, etc.
- In addition, attackers will usually try to push users into action by creating a sense of urgency. For example, an email could be about account expiration and urge the reader to click a link within a timeline; or a message instructed users to move assets to a secure wallet to avoid loss as soon as possible.
Phishing attack protection requires steps to be taken by both users and VCC Exchange.
- Always upgrade Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to the latest version. It is known that Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox will warn users about phishing or unsafe high risk website. For examples：
- The safest way to login to VCC Exchange is through the website: vcc.exchange or https://vcc.exchange
- For IT professional, it is recommended to verify SSL domain name is *.vcc.exchange
- Enable Two-factor authentication(2FA) verification such as Google 2FA or SMS 2FA. Keep cautious and not disclose Google 2FA 16 digital back key to anyone or any website. If username and password were compromised,2FA prevents the use of compromised credentials, since these alone are insufficient to gain entry.
Install Chrome Netcraft Extention or Firefox Netcraft Anit-Phishing Extension.
- Chrome Netcraft Extension
- Firefox Netcraft Anit-Phishing Extension
- Keep your systems /applications updated to avoid the security bugs, install the anti-virus software and keep it up to date.
- Do not connect to an untrusted wireless network.
- Reporting Phishing
Please report to us any VCCE phishing sites you meet: Report VCCE Phishing Sites
Read more about: Anti-virus & Trojan Guideline