How to Enable Google 2FA
Please log in VCCE website, click [My Account] , then click ‘enable’ in Google Auth section.
When enabled, 'Enable Google Authentication' page will be displayed:
Step 1: Install Google Authentication App:
Step 2: QR code registration:
Open installed Google Authenticator App in your mobile phone to create an account.
Click ‘+’ to [Scan QR] or [Manual entry] '2FA 16-digit key' which is displayed in 'Enable Google Authentication' page.
- Account: Account name define by you on demand, such as 'VCC account'
- Key: 2FA 16-digit key which is displayed on ‘Enable Google Authentication’ page or achieved by scanning bar code
Step 3: Backup key
Note: The backup code is used in order to disable the Google Authentication feature when you change your mobile or accidentally delete the account in your Google Authenticator app.
Step 4: Enable Google Authentication
In the last step, please input your password for VCC account and the 6-digit code generated from the Google Authentication app to enable the function.
How to disable Google 2FA
Please log in VCC, and enter for account center :
- Please click “Disable” in the Google Auth section.
- Enter login password and Google Auth. Code generated by Google Auth. App, then click “submit” to disable Google Auth.
If Mobile phone is lost or changed, How to recreate Google Auth. Code in new mobile phone if I have a backed up 2FA secret key.
- Install Authy 2-Factor Authentication in the new mobile phone;
- Open App in mobile phone to recreate the account, Click “+” to scan QR or manual entry 2FA backup key which is kept by you.
- Authy 2-Factor Authentication Code is restored now.
- If you have have lost mobile, it is highly recommended disable old Authy 2-Factor Authentication as ‘How to disable Google 2FA’;
- Please follow “How to enable Google 2FA” to create a new Authy 2-Factor Authentication Account in APP and bind it with VCC again.