How to Enable Google 2FA
Please log in VCCE website, and enter for account center, then click ‘enable’ in Google Auth section.
When enabled, 'Enable Google Authentication' page will be prompted to open:
Step 1: Install Authy 2-Factor Authentication:
Step 2: QR code registration:
Open installed Authy 2-Factor Authentication App in your mobile phone to create an account, Click ‘+’ to [scan QR] or [manual entry] '2FA 16-digit key' which displayed in 'Enable Google Authentication' page.
- Account: Account name define by you on demand, such as 'VCC account'
- Key: 2FA 16-digit key’ which displayed in ‘Enable Google Authentication’ page. which will be scanned and recognized automatically or manual entry.
Step 3: Backup key
How to disable Google 2FA
Please log in VCC, and enter for account center :
- Please click “Disable” in the Google Auth section.
- Enter login password and Google Auth. Code generated by Google Auth. App, then click “submit” to disable Google Auth.
Q & A
- If met ‘binding failed’ issue, how to resolve the issue?
- Ensure that “Authy 2-Factor Authentication” App is installed in Mobile phone;
- Ensure time between the mobile phone which run Authy 2-Factor Authentication app and the computer which log in VCC is synchronized;
Please ensure date/time setting for your mobile phone is automatic;
- iPhone:please ensure date&time setting “Set Automatically” is on;
- Android phone:
- Ensure input the right password and 2FA code;
- If Mobile phone is lost or changed, How to recreate Google Auth. Code in new mobile phone if I have a backed up 2FA secret key.
- Install Authy 2-Factor Authentication in the new mobile phone;
- Open App in mobile phone to recreate the account, Click “+” to scan QR or manual entry 2FA backup key which is kept by you.
- Authy 2-Factor Authentication Code is restored now.
- If you have have lost mobile, it is highly recommended disable old Authy 2-Factor Authentication as ‘How to disable Google 2FA’;
- Please follow “How to enable Google 2FA” to create a new Authy 2-Factor Authentication Account in APP and bind it with VCC again.